DAVAO CITY – The son of a mayor in Davao reportedly shot his own bodyguard Saturday, May 8, upon learning that the victim’s wife volunteered to campaign for House Speaker Prospero Nograles who is running for mayor against a Duterte.The shooting incident involving Paolo Duterte, a barangay captain and barangay representative to the Davao City Council, has been kept under wraps. “There is a news blackout on the incident,” a prober from the National Bureau of Investigation, who asked not to be named, told South-News.com. Paolo figured in many violent incidents in the past, including the publicized mauling of a security guard in Bagobo Hotel. He has also been linked to drugs, illegal gambling and smuggling. The NBI prober said Paolo was informed late Friday evening that the wife of his bodyguard, a certain Naresma, was spotted distributing campaign handbills of Nograles. She was seen with the company of Team Nograles campaigners at Mintal in Tugbok District. On the same evening, Paolo reportedly looked for his bodyguard who was not on duty at that time. The next morning, the bodyguard reported to Paolo’s residence and was shot. Paolo, eldest son of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte is a known hothead who keeps a collection of high-powered weapons. His sister Sara is running for mayor against Nograles.
- Duterte son shoots aide for wife’s support to Nograles
- Ombuds calls Duterte men on P160M school fund scam
- 26 top cops suspended over unresolved DDS killing
- Recorded Davao Execution
- Davao city mayor gives NPA rebels P125M a year – INQUIRER.net
- ‘Davao Death Squad victims neither smugglers nor drug lords’ | The Philippine Star
- DDS targeting only criminals? Think again | Human Rights Watch
- DDS – Totoo o Kathang-Isip?
- Duterte denies hand in slay of 3 Bantay members